The things you do, from day-to-day become your routine. This routine will either bring you troubles in life or nothing but Success!!
To begin, write each of the following key points on individual index cards or pieces of paper. On the front, include each bullet point that is listed. On the back of the card, write out your own interpretation of it’s meaning and how you will begin to implement each factor into your everyday life. This makes it easy to keep these cards in a visible place which is accessible to you, day-to-day. Seeing your intentions over and over will help drill the concepts into your head.
1. By nature, we are creatures of habit. Time to get rid of those bad, hindering habits which keep you in a repeating whirlwind and develop fresh, innovative ones which sets you in the position for nothing but greatness. Pick a time of day, which works well for you in this current stage of your life. Most of us being employed by corporations, will have to schedule time which is convenient between work and family. Don’t get frustrated, that is the overall purpose. To develop habits for yourself, which enhances your mood, looks, feel, thoughts, well-being, spirit and overall self. Rather it be inspirational reading, meditation, gardening, writing, photography, yoga and pilates, sitting quietly, sightseeing, feeding the ducks, whatever. During this time, do only that which satisfies you as a person on the inside and elevates you higher. Repeat on a daily.
2. Do successful things every day. You have begun to create new habits in your life, which will give a feeling of success within you. This is the objective. To first feel it within, leaving you more open to walk into that success you seek. Take risks within your career that will advance you to a higher position. Or take a leap of faith on the business which you always wanted to start. Register for that course which will further your personal skill. Or make plans to visit somewhere you never thought you would go. All these set you in the hot seat of success, right where you want to be.
3. Doing high value tasks daily that build a lasting foundation. Seek out higher understanding of laws and concepts of life from study, deep thought, reading and reflection, and again meditation. Start living in what you learn every day. The new daily self-care regiment that has now become a habit, is the foundation which you will continue to build upon. Advancing in career, life choices and education will come more fluidly. The feeling of stagnation will be no more. Anything you choose to do will come much easier. You will be able to set a target and conquer it.
By the time you have sat and opened yourself up to that which you seek to find, you will see that you have so many ideas inside you, just waiting to come into action. Stick to the routine you have created, and you are bound for success.
#WeSeeYou is BlackDoctor.org’s series that seeks to highlight and feature those people who are doing something incredible for their health and the health of others. This is our way of shining light on them. Today, we honor Sonia. Sonia Thompson was one of those sisters that when you looked at her, you just knew that…
This is what many, no matter who they are, age, sex or creed are in search of.
Rather one is looking for a way to better live in their day-to-day life. Which will help them escape the pains that are brought on by illness and diseases such as arthritis, heart disease, high blood pressure or the various forms of cancers which is sweeping through peoples lives, bringing about great devastation in it’s wake.
Or a more enhanced and filling way of eating than just the hamburgers and deep fried lard potatoes conveniently available at every turn, which leave the body sluggish, heavy and bloated. Fresher diets are desired from every angle.
The fact of the matter is that restaurants which are widely available in easy access to much of the population DOES NOT serve, I repeat, DOES NOT SERVE fresh, live foods. These types of places are either a) highly pricey for average, everyday eating and b) only serves the bigger cities such as LA or New York City. Leaving everyone else to eat greasy, over-cooked, heavy starch and dead animals.
People are in search of something more, much more.
Hesitation sets in when people do not know where to begin such a lifestyle. It is one thing to read an article making suggestions, yet another thing to shop, prepare, create and serve delicious food, from home that will meet your households nutritional needs versus contributing to their sickness, on a daily basis.
So, LiveMeals.com aims to provide solutions such as a shopping list which can be taken along into a store as you shop. A key advantage to shopping for ingredients (such as olive oil, peppers, or wild rice) versus going to buy individual dishes each and every day is shopping gives you a better average on savings. You will begin to build an arsenal which will allow you to create various meals with readily available ingredients which will motivate you to create more often in the home.
We must bring the freshness into the home!!
Let’s just start with one recipe. The ingredients are all fairly easy to find. You use dashes of allspice, onion and sage powder, cayenne and sea salt to flavor, as in most dishes. So when you buy these bottles, if it is your first time, do not feel that you spending so much on just seasonings. After using for this particular dish, they will be put back in the cupboard for the next time and typically won’t have to be replaced for a month or two.
Don’t become discouraged with buying fresh ingredients such as peppers, mushrooms, and onions either. Yes they are used quite often. But so was meat in your life at one point in time. You are simply trading one for the other. Also don’t get so hung up on finding specific fresh foods. Most anything can be substituted or traded out for something else and still get a great taste. I am not quite on board with this “not on the list” thing that is going around in reference to eating a more live, alkaline diet. I get the full meaning behind it and the reasoning in reference to healing foods and avoiding those which serve no nutritional value. However, I feel, for beginners, this can be quite discouraging and can send one who was once on board, running for the hills.
I found these Alkaline Burgers, posted to a Facebook group Dr. Sebi recipes and healing info by a Yassim Sim-Ali. I found the preparation easy, since you are only mashing the ingredients in a bowl all together. Measurement really is not as important to follow. May be more for just portion control rather than like in baking when 1 cup must be precisely 1 cup.
Alkaline Jerk Burgers: Posted By Yassim Sim Ali- Dr. Sebi recipes/healing info Facebook group
1 cup minced black olives (I am not against the can one’s, for those who are just beginning
1 cup minced baby Portabellos
1 minced green pepper
2 teaspoon of allspice
2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon sage powder
1 cup spelt flour
1 pureed tomatillo
cayenne and sea salt to taste
Mix all ingredients well together in large bowl. Let sit in refrigerator over night to bring all the flavors and textures together.
Form into desired shaped patties and drizzle with grapeseed oil. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 mins. on each side.
Get many beauty benefits from your smoothies with these 15 ingredients.
Grocery Shopping. Ugh.
It can truly be a pain at times. The success of a mandatory shopping trip depends greatly upon the alignment of a few key elements:
- Hunger must be satisfied before stepping foot into a store, in order to keep those urges and temptations at bay.
- Clear intentions and direction on what is needed from the particular trip must be established first, to avoid having to double back.
- Shopping alone, if possible, avoids outside influences on unnecessary and impulse purchases (especially from kids and spouses)
- Finally a good mood before hand, to better handle unexpected crowds, waits and unwanted surprises.
Each bullet is pretty much self explanatory, as many can relate to each point in their own way. With needs established before hand, a clear mind and feeling cheerfull, you are better able to stick to what you intend to do and avoid walking out of a store with a bunch of cereals, frozen foods and chips. All while forgetting the rice, beans and vegetables you set out for.
We can take this, a step further. We all want to eat cleaner, leaner, less junk, more organic and even vegan. You have all these ideas to try the Vegan Meatballs or that Swiss Chard Lentil soup, yet are overwhelmed with the foreign ingredients which they include. So you take the recipe card for the soup into the store with you, purchase each item individually and separately and are stunned when the total is rung up at the end. Discouraging you from ever wanting any lentil soup again.
So, what do you do?
Let us count the ways:
- A list is a good place to start. Clear and cut to the chase.
- Basic ingredients which are used frequently to include on this list:
- Oils: olive, grapeseed, coconut , avocado, hempseed and sesame
- Grains: brown and wild rice, quinoa, spelt, rye and even kamut. (avoid anything “white” which indicates a processed substance)
- Various beans, greens, onions, peppers, avocado, mushrooms, squash, sea vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds, berries, basil, thyme, parsley, oregano, and sea salt
- While shopping avoiding those center aisle of cardboard boxed, processed dinner helpers and ready-made this or just heat-and-go that.
- Weed out the excess sugars and added coloring’s in foods that you would likely grab such as cinnamon roll dough, ice cream, cookies, flavored cereals and candies.
Even more, unless you live in a big city like Manhattan or Los Angeles, there are no organic coffee shops nor convenient vegan food places to get a meal with fresh foods from. This luxury has not made it into the urban or rural areas. Instead, dollar stores with poisonous concoctions that fill the shelves, are strategically placed on each neighborhood corner. Fat laden, deep smothered cholesterol “combos” and items which do not burn when set on fire and cheese which does not melt due to the heavy presence of many chemicals, are at every turn. Adding into the chaos of shopping.
Finally, I leave you all with this. Grocery shopping and cooking meals with ingredients at home is totally cheaper than eating out each time your stomach growls, on any given day. As well as self-fulfilling and nourishing. Taking initiative to make each and every visit count, is the key to grocery shopping success.
“Find what you love to do. Find your passion. Know what makes you want to get up in the morning, that’s all you need.” Condoleeza Rice
Source: Condoleeza Rice Quote